10.18.2007

Chanel & Red Bull: Totally Taurine


Who knew that my new favorite face cream Chanel's Energizing Multi-Protection Concentrate (part of the new Radiance group) and Red Bull (my LEAST favorite energy drink) have something in common? Both boast Taurine as the fatique-fighting ingredient that promotes youth and increases energy.

Chanel promises the amino acid will help boost skin's vitality and claims their Radiance collection will prevent "the signs of fatigue and the appearance of those first lines". Cost: $85 for 1 ounce and available online or in finer department stores.

Red Bull claims Taurine acts an "antioxidant that promotes detoxification by hinding together with harmful substances and thereby accelerating their excretion from the body". Cost: $39.99 for a case of 24 and widely available from bars (served with vodka, of course) to delis to drugstores.

Despite its presence in energy drinks, Taurine officially hasn't been shown to produce energy but, rather, has been proven to reduce muscle fatique. As a card-carrying member of the beauty junkie club, it's no surprise I get a buzz when I get free Chanel skincare samples at the Barneys counter (thank you, Rene!), thus, I think I'll stick with the face cream when it comes to fighting my fatigue.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

WHO KNEW??? I love this Chanel product AND I love Red Bull.

Do a body good, do a face good.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home